It was hard to narrow down (and I admittedly cheated) but here are my top 11 moments of 2011:
1. Buying and settling in to our first home!
2. January weekend in Charleston, celebrating engagements (and all of the other engagement parties and showers that would follow!)
3. Ellen's 22nd birthday -- and our first (but certainly not last) dinner party at 1327
4. Easter weekend with White and Frazier grandparents
5. Ellen's college graduation weekend -- in particular, favorite moment was her Seussical rendition of the class' history
6. seeing New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys in concert. yep. that's right.
7. Bachelorette weekend with my favorite girls at Sullivans Island
8. sneaky wedding portrait -- to and from Spartanburg in a day with the whole family!
9. picking out our first Christmas tree and cutting it down ourselves, during Thanksgiving week (and thanks to Carl Frazier for the saw which we will use for years to come to cut the bottom of the tree to save!)
10. I'm going to cheat and combo moments -- witnessing the marriage of Meredith and Tyler, Hadley and Hollis, Chris and Anna, Meg and Garrison, and most recently, Ben and Kat (and celebrating many other happy couples from a distance!)